My husband, as every Italian I know, loves tomatoes. I mean he LOVES tomatoes. He even wanted me to cook fresh tomatoes over his eggs once! And I love garlic, I mean LOVE garlic….My parents used to say I would crawl to the garlic basket when I was a baby and would reach for the garlic, sucking on the entire thing! So, a word to the wise…..don’t kiss me anytime soon =)
Now since tomatoes and garlic go hand in hand, here’s a recipe that combines the love of both…. and you can make it in 5 minutes flat!
- Quarter or slice, depending upon what you prefer, 10-15 plump cherry tomatoes
- Add 2 -3 cloves of garlic, diced
- Add a TBSP of dried, or a couple of leaves of fresh, basil (chopped)
- Add about 4-5 TBSP good quality olive oil…more if you plan on dunking fresh baked bread!
- A splash or two of balsamic vinegar.
- Salt, to taste
Mix the salad and let sit for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to set in. Then enjoy, moping away any extra sauce with bread!