We are now entering summer here in Sicily. And in our home, this means more salad nights! My husband loves salads, so it makes making dinner so much easier….how can you go wrong with a salad right? Well, here’s my delicious recipe for a grilled eggplant salad. It’s the grilled eggplant mixed with red wine vinegar, garlic and olive oil that spices up a rather ordinary tomato salad, so let’s begin!
– 1 large or 2 small eggplants, sliced, grilled and cut in small pieces (…I used my famous ol’ trusty stove top grill pan…love the thing!) Just brush the pan with a bit of olive oil before you lay down the slices on the pan and turn them over for a few minutes on each side. They will be nice and showing their grill marks….yummy!
– 2 large garlic pieces, grated (…I use a hand held small cheese grater)
– 5 to 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 3 large basil leaves, chopped
– 5 to 6 mint leaves, chopped
– 1 Tsp dry oregano
– 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
– Olive oil
-Salt, to taste
In a salad bowl, place the eggplant, tomatoes, and herbs. Add the vinegar, olive oil and salt. Toss well and let sit for at least 1\2 hour for the flavors to infuse. That’s it! Serve alongside fresh baked Italian bread...here’s my pagnotte recipe!
For more delicious recipes, be sure to check out my new eBook “Cucina Siciliana” filled with lots of truly authentic recipes given to me by family and friends here in Sicily….it’s only 99 cents!
Don’t miss out on exclusive authentic recipes, tips and tricks for the home, crafts\sewing, and travel\life in Italy, be sure to sign up to receive my free newsletter! =)